iSSi pedals offer multiple fit options by allowing easy replacement of pedal spindles. iSSi offers 3 different spindle lengths to fine tune your fit. Swapping spindles is a simple process that can be accomplished in a short time.
Download this guide (PDF)
- 5/6/8mm hex wrench
- 9mm thin-wall socket
- Torque wrench
- Axle/Spindle vice inserts
- Place pedal in a vise using axle/spindle jaw inserts. If you do not have a vise, the spindle can be stabilized using an 8mm hex wrench inserted into the broach on the spindle.
- Remove pedal body end cap using a 5mm hex wrench
- Remove spindle lock nut using a thin-wall 9mm socket. The right spindle lock nut uses a left-hand thread while the left spindle lock nut uses a right- hand thread.
- Remove pedal body from old spindle.
- Remove old pedal spindle from axle vice. Place your new spindle in vice and apply grease to the new spindle.
- Replace pedal body onto new spindle.
- Reinstall spindle lock nut onto spindle using thin-wall 9mm socket.
- Reinstall pedal end cap into pedal body using a 5mm hex wrench.